GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – This week, the World Awareness Children’s Museum has laid some clues, marked spots with Xs, and is leaving the rest up to those with the itch to do some treasure hunting.
On Monday, the museum officially launched its “Adirondack Art Scavenger Hunt” program. Until Oct. 1, families can hunt around eight different locations around Queensbury to find artwork from the museum, hidden in familiar locations.
The full list of locations with art waiting to be found includes:
- Adirondacks Welcome Center rest stop, I-87N, between exits 17 and 18
- Aviation Mall, 578 Aviation Road
- The Fun Spot, 1035 State Route 9
- Good Vibes 518 Nutrition, 756 Upper Glen St., Suite 12
- Rick’s Bike Shop, 368 Ridge St.
- Rocksport Indoor Climbing and Outdoor Guiding Service, 54 Carey Road
- Sprinkles Ice Cream Shoppe, 60 Glenwood Ave.
- Warren County Historical Society, 50 Gurney Lane
Scavenger hunters can take photos of their finds and come back to the museum on Warren Street in Glens Falls to collect prizes in exchange.
Prizes include a coupon book with deals for local businesses, a free museum pass and a water bottle. The first 10 families to find every hidden artwork will also receive free movie tickets for Regal Entertainment at the Aviation Mall.
- Cuomo sexual harassment investigation: What’s next?
- Charlotte Bennett’s lawyer reacts to AG report into Cuomo sexual harassment
- Mother of US Olympian Raven Saunders has died, family says
- Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt releases statement on Cuomo investigation findings
- Cuomo sexual harassment report: Read the full findings of New York AG’s investigation