(WSYR-TV) — ‘Tis not the season for jolly and merry but creepy and scary.
With Halloween right around the corner, fans of the holiday are getting in the mood. While costumes are flying off the shelves, scary movies are invading the theaters. And that begs the question… which scary movie villain is the scariest of all time?
Well, All Home Connections, an authorized AT&T retailer, created a study to find out.
The study had its participants watch “5,760 minutes of classic horror movies including: The Ring, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellbound: Hellraiser 2, Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Child’s Play while wearing a heart rate monitoring device.”
The faster the heartrate, the scarier the villain. The slower the heartrate, the less scary the villain. The study also surveyed 990 additional people on who they think is the scariest villain and compared that to the heartrate date.
So how did the iconic characters stack up?
Michael Myers, who will once again hit the screens this month with the new film Halloween Kills, was rated as the scariest villain; rating ahead of Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th) and Freedy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street).
On the flip side, participants found that Samara Morgan (The Ring) was the least scary when it comes to the horror genre. Chucky (Child’s Play) and Pinhead (Hellraiser) finished ahead of Samara in the rankings but short of the top three.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- FBI to investigate school boards, educator intimdation, threats
- Brian Laundrie’s family changes story on when they last saw him
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz blocks Biden State Department nominees over Russian gas pipeline
- Brian Laundrie’s sister urges brother to surrender, says parents should ‘come clean’ if they helped him disappear
- US Capitol Police arrest driver of suspicious vehicle outside Supreme Court
Follow us on social media