ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Outgoing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo tweeted on Friday that his attorney, Rita Glavin, is holding a virtual briefing at 1 p.m. Watch in the player above.
This ahead of Cuomo’s official resignation, set to go into effect at 11:59 p.m. on Monday. Hochul is set to be sworn in a minute later, at midnight, officially beginning her term on Tuesday, August 24.
The transition of power in the executive office is already taking for online. Cuomo’s Twitter handle is now @andrewcuomo. Incoming Gov. Kathy Hochul’s handle remains @ltgovhochulny, though it was briefly updated Thursday night before it reverted.
More from NEWS10
- Herkimer County Fair returns
- New York lawmakers work to assist WNY residents, Afghan allies trapped in Afghanistan
- Bennington man charged with animal cruelty allegedly abandoned pets in RV rollover
- Hard-hit hospitality industry relief possible in proposed federal funding
- Albany man gets 16 years for fatal Sheridan Avenue stabbing