UTICA, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY/NEWS10) – On Tuesday, October 26, around 10:00 p.m., Utica Police arrested a man on illegal weapons charges after entering a Walmart with a modified weapon. Customers in the store said that they saw the man, and notified the store’s staff, who then contacted the police.
Ryan Doliver, 28, of Utica, Police said appeared to be carrying a handgun at his waist side, acting suspiciously at the Walmart, in North Utica. Police say, they identified Doliver as the suspect, who was located outside in the parking lot, when officers arrived.
During further investigation by police, a search of the immediate area was also conducted, which resulted in the discovery of a BB gun underneath a nearby storage container Officers said.
According to Officers, they learned that Doliver was also seen discarding a book bag inside the store, which prompted police in a thorough search of the store. The bag was located, partially open, and the “handle of a sawed-off shotgun” and ammunition were immediately visible from the outside said Police. Upon further inspection, police determined that the gun was illegally modified to less than 26 inches in length.
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second-Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third-Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm
Eyewitness News will continue to inform you of any updates as they are released.
More from NEWS10:
- New York school district bans ‘Squid Game’ Halloween costumes
- Antidepressant fluvoxamine helps treat early COVID-19, study finds
- Andy Gresh joins Morey Hershgordon to preview Week 8 vs. Chargers
- AP Sources: AG Letitia James will run for New York governor
- United States issues its 1st passport with ‘X’ gender marker