ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Water Department has found a 170+ year old water pipe at Albany City Hall. The department said this pipe was probably in the ground when the city took over the water system in 1851.
The pipe is made of cast iron. The department said cast iron pipes in the city go back to at least 1806. That is the date that was published on an advertisement for the pipes.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Pelosi tries to corral divided Democrats ahead of infrastructure vote
- Memorial service held for fallen EMS workers
- Saratoga business owners are fed up with sexual harassment against female staff
- Albany Med temporarily closes two urgent care locations
- Facebook in the hot seat over leaked data about young users
Follow us on social media