ALMA, N.Y. (WIVB) — One person is dead after a “house fire/explosion” in the Town of Alma Saturday afternoon.
New York State Police said the body was found inside the County Route 18 home. It was later identified as that of 71-year-old Dan Michael Church, who lived there.
Police said they were dispatched to the scene on County Route 18 at 12:15 p.m. Saturday. The home is completely “demolished/engulfed,” according to authorities.
The explosion may have been caused by a natural gas leak in the home’s crawl space, police say. They also said no cause of death is available yet.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- City School District of Albany addressing rise in “inappropriate behavior”
- SC Senators against raising debt limit, Senate works on short term solution
- ‘No climate, no deal’: Democrats still in climate spending stalemate
- What’s lost, what’s next, after Fort Edward school merger struck down
- New York pharmacy ‘filling a need’ for local COVID tests
Follow us on social media